When training remotely, each Makers student should make sure they have:
- A good internet connection
- A comfortable space to work from
- Headphones and a microphone
- Registered for a free Zoom account (https://zoom.us/)
- Downloaded the zoom client from that page (Resources > Download Zoom Client)
Check your internet connection at home
- All remote working students must have access to a reliable and fast internet connection (typically 4G and above), which can support video conversations.
- It is the individual’s responsibility to check the quality of their internet connection at home (typically 20Mb downlink / 1Mb uplink grade) to ensure effective work - you can check this here: https://www.speedtest.net/
Organise your remote setup workspace
- Having a dedicated working area/spot at home is important to set healthy boundaries between work and home life when working remotely for an extended period of time.
- For the main part, Makers will not be providing students with monitors at home. However, if you have a disability/access need that makes a monitor a necessity this can be organised with the Ops Team firstname.lastname@example.org
Resources for remote group collaboration
- Our coach Josh Hill has created this handy list of resources here.